It is currently Fri May 26, 2017 6:21 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Hello from heroutdoors
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:56 pm 
Respected ClubMember
Respected ClubMember

Hello I am Julie from Bournemouth, I am married to John, he has much technical and practical knowledge in the big stuff, as in coaches and buses (his favourite) and in trucks(my favourites).Lucky for me he is pretty good with cars too and always happy to learn more. As I have limited knowledge of this kind of thing. John and I are members of a couple of transport groups, as he owns some bigger stuff, I used to own a Volvo FH12 globetrotter in preservation just for taking to shows. Due to its size, (the Volvo that is) storage and maintenance it had to go, sob sob on my part. But on the bright side John spotted a 'Covin' for sale. I had never heard of them, but was VERY interested when he showed me the advert, wow a 911 look alike the very shape I have always loved and in blue! (which ironically is same colour as the Volvo) .So off to Cornwall he went and brought it home as a non runner,(VW engine) still it looks so pretty, I know that doesn't help hehe. We brought a new, reconditioned engine, upon removing original engine other bits dropped out which weren't supposed to at that stage, so John wondered if it just wasn't connected where it should have been. After putting it all back together( after proper examination) it lives! Tah dah! It needs tweaking and other stuff doing but it IS on road legally as a Covin 911 replica. I am very excited now looking forward to driving it.Over these last two days I have been putting a new headlining in it, now have shoulder ache. I am pleased with it, the headlining ,( not the shoulder ache) I hope no perfectionist look too closely though, I've never done that before. Well that's enough for now if you haven't already dozed off I look forward to Covin adventures,kind regards from Julie.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:01 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

Hello Julie and john, welcome along,
Good news with your new purchase and many happy hours of toil and enjoyment lay ahead of you, if we can help , steer or even nod you in the right direction we are happy to in any way, look forward to read your own thread and progress and questions you may have on the way, all the best and once again welcome along,

regards mark

p.s what an excellent introduction, we feel like we already know you both, thank you,

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:13 pm 
Respected ClubMember
Respected ClubMember

Hello Julie/John, good to see another previously unknown, apart from the advert on Ebay, correctly registered Covin. It would be good to see basic spec added to the Covin Coupe section, you will see the type of detail generally added.

ImageImage
Lifes not always Covin, occasionally reality kicks in - All's not lost, the futures .pdf (pretty dam fine)