It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:15 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Introducing myself
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:45 pm 
Dreamer-Non Member
Dreamer-Non Member

Hello everyone , just quickly introducing myself,my name is Moe.
Wanted to say hello to all members and to let the club know that I am now
The owner of the narrow bodied Covin,I initially fell in love with the Covin back
when Paul was selling it ( he worked more on car, and made it look pristine)
compliments to Jez's for all his great work also.
After purchasing it and having had the chance to drive it, i realised how it could still
benefit from lots of other few jobs. Making it rain proof,fixing up interior and getting the
drivers window to work, it all got pretty frustrating when all the electrics seized and hand break
also went with the fairies, all these jobs for most all of you on this forum are easily taken care of,
I can cook a complex meal for 100 people cause I have that ability, but with cars I couldn't even figure out what tyre pressure was right. A real dummy , I even asked Eddie where does the water go on this
" air cooled engine".
So my impulsive initial instinct was to ask Paul for assistance in possibly selling the Covin back to somebody that can deal with it blind folded.Paul had warned me many times over that this sort of car needs TLC from somebody with expertise , he also many times over advised me that
it won't be trouble free like a modern car.
I had owned years ago a 1972 911 SC so I knew all the bad points that old cars come with.
And to be honest I couldn't tell much difference except for the BHP of course.
They once asked Henry Ford
of all your cars which is your favourite?
He replied " a new one "
As days go bye I'm growing to like the Covin more and more, I will slowly do those jobs I mentioned
( using somebody here down south )I need to get indicators , lights and hazard lights back working
cause at the moment it is not street legal, I will take Paul's advice and for now not rip out old wiring , cause the quotes to change all the wiring is on average 1000 pounds.I think what I will do is hang on to Covin for longer then my initial impulsive " wanting to rid of car" attitude
I now realise the support I will be getting having joined the forum will help me enjoy getting the Covin to slowly get back in shape, I will let all you guys know when I decide to sell, at the moment it's not going anywhere as its not even street legal.
Cheers to everybody and happy to be part of this club.
Moe

Post subject: Re: Introducing myself
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:35 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Welcome aboard Moe :smt001

It's a shame your so far away because I could have carried out the work needed.
There's no reason at all for a Covin not to be as reliable as any other classic VW if they're looked after. Once they're sorted out correctly they just require the usual service work every 6 to 12 months and are very cheap to maintain :smt012

WebSites www.covin.co.uk - - & - - www.vwkd.co.uk - - & - - www.flat4dubs.co.uk
Image Image

I LOVE RUST ME
Patent Pending "The Ultimate In Rust Remedy"