It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:27 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:30 am 
Newbie-Non Member
Newbie-Non Member

mutley666 wrote:
I love 944´s !
I had an old Mk1 1984 944 and I stuck an S2 engine in it!,with Ecu and engine loom etc...
I also had to change the front end for the S2 one as the air filter sits in the Badge plate, It was lucky I had a rolled S2 to butcher!

I love 3rd gear with these engines!
I sold it 3 yrs ago when I left Lanzarote to move to Marbella!

I miss that Car!

Yes you are right the air filter is in the nose cone.
The power really comes in on the 3ltr engines about 4000rpm and then they are in a class of thier own.
Yours on an 84 was just before the changes to the interior. ie the dash and seating position.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:19 pm 
Apprentice-Non Member
Apprentice-Non Member

Yep you are right, I ended up installing the front wings and bumper and badge plate from the S2 , basically the whole front end! I had to drill out all the spot welds on the S2 member that the airfilter tube goes through and I had to lower my Radiator a few inches. It was a bugger of a job but worth it!
I get on well with the "Porscheshop" parts suppliers in the UK and they have a couple of clients who have dropped 968 engines into old 944´s. 240HP!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:58 pm 
Newbie-Non Member
Newbie-Non Member

mutley666 wrote:
Yep you are right, I ended up installing the front wings and bumper and badge plate from the S2 , basically the whole front end! I had to drill out all the spot welds on the S2 member that the airfilter tube goes through and I had to lower my Radiator a few inches. It was a bugger of a job but worth it!
I get on well with the "Porscheshop" parts suppliers in the UK and they have a couple of clients who have dropped 968 engines into old 944´s. 240HP!!!

The shop you mention is very expensive to say the least and new parts can be found alot cheaper..
If you had the full s2 to butcher why didnt you use the rad and bottom bracket? every thing would have just fitted in nice, and you could have saved yourself alot of work.
With the 968 motor in i think they nick named it the S4. Again there would have been alot of wiring headaches as the connector from engine loom to the the loom from the dme was different.(but well worth it in the end) :smt004