It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:47 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Covin Reflector strip
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:33 pm 
Respected ClubMember
Respected ClubMember

jamieb
Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:28 pm Post subject: Covin Reflector strip
Covin Reflector Strip for back inbetween lights Anyone got one lying about willing to sell, please get in touch

KEITHC Forum Sponsor
Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:04 pm Post subject:
Jamie Suggest that you read this thread:- http://ccgi.bell1983.plus.com/phpBB2/vi ... .php?t=813 What you require seem to be quite rare/expensive. Did the CD arrive, posted late last week.
KEITHC ZX TD - EVERYDAY CAR 1975 - SUZUKI GT750 (PROJECT) 1982 - YAMAHA IT425G (BIGGER PROJECT) 1975 - YAMAHA RD350B (BIGGEST PROJECT)

jamieb
Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:43 pm Post subject:
hi Yeah iv got it, thanks very much Im not after the one with Porsche wrote on it. I want the one with Covin on it. I understand these will be rather rare. Just thought id post an ad up and see wat comes from it.

Covin Site Admin
Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:38 pm Post subject:
There not just rare... You simply can't get them anymore. Not sure why you'd want one anyway because they didn't look very good anyway and they also tell everyone it's a kitcar rather than the illusion of a 911 Turbo You'll be better off with a real reflector

Darren Parker Club Technical Advisor WebSites www.covin.co.uk - - & - - www.vwbaywindow.co.uk - - & - - www.durhamdubbers.co.uk I LOVE RUST ME Patent Pending "The Ultimate In Rust Remedy"

jamieb
Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:15 pm Post subject:
I prefer the Covin reflectors to the Porsche ones but I suppose its all down to personal preference. I know its not a Porsche and they are made to give the illusion of one. But I would much rather the Covin signatures to the Porsche. By the looks of things it wont be possible though Does anyone know the full story to why they stopped producing the kits and parts? to my knowledge no-one knows where the moulds are either, is this true?

Steve! Forum Sponsor
Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:20 pm Post subject:
I wonder if you can get plain ones? _________________

Covin Site Admin
Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:09 pm Post subject:
jamieb wrote:
Does anyone know the full story to why they stopped producing the kits and parts? to my knowledge no-one knows where the moulds are either, is this true?

Yes we know exactly what happened with Covin and where the moulds are. Covin sold the project to Dax in the 90's who continued producing the Covin for a while and then put the project on hold while they concentrated on their new car the Dax Rush... They intended on modifying the Covin setup at a later date but in the meantime a chap called Richard Taylor pestered them to sell the Covin project which eventually the did and Richard Taylor of Grannd Performance Cars moved the whole Covin project to Ireland in the late 90's where it has been ever since.... To this day he has not produced a single part or kit and unfortunatly probably never will..... Very sad really especially as he will not even consider selling the Project to anyone. We've tried and so have many others.

Darren Parker Club Technical Advisor WebSites www.covin.co.uk - - & - - www.vwbaywindow.co.uk - - & - - www.durhamdubbers.co.uk I LOVE RUST ME Patent Pending "The Ultimate In Rust Remedy"

Steve! Forum Sponsor
Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:45 pm Post subject:
What does he say when you offer to buy it? _________________

Covin Site Admin
Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:52 am Post subject:
Steve! wrote:
What does he say when you offer to buy it?
He simply states.. It's NOT for sale . . . . He has been offered some sizable amounts as well . . . It's a real shame but you never know what might happen in the future.

Darren Parker Club Technical Advisor WebSites www.covin.co.uk - - & - - www.vwbaywindow.co.uk - - & - - www.durhamdubbers.co.uk

Mark Turner Forum Sponsor
Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:52 am Post subject: for jamieb
Hi mate your after the rear reflector between the rear lights, is it the covin part with porsche writen in it or the covin part with covin writen in it , as i have my original one from my covin , its the covin part but has porsche written in it, it has two screw holes for fixing, , its somwhere in the garage, if your interested , let me know if any good by (PM) if you like (private message )

LIfe is what happens when your making other arrangements LOL Canny Lad (geordie lingo) Mark Turner

Steve! Forum Sponsor
Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:20 pm Post subject:
Covin wrote:
Steve! wrote:
What does he say when you offer to buy it?
He simply states.. It's NOT for sale . . . . He has been offered some sizable amounts as well . . . It's a real shame but you never know what might happen in the future.
I may have to have a word with him, I might suggest he puts it in his will to the 'Covin Club' Then again, if he has no will or doesn't put it in his will......We could get it by default.

jamieb
Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:49 pm Post subject:
thats a bit odd, its not like he is gaining anything from having them either? Im after the one with covin written on it. Thanks anyway

Mark Turner Forum
Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:29 am Post subject:
jamieb wrote:
thats a bit odd, its not like he is gaining anything from having them either
Im after the one with covin written on it. Thanks anyway?

no probs mate, i wish you luck in your search

LIfe is what happens when your making other arrangements LOL Canny Lad (geordie lingo) Mark Turner

ImageImage
Lifes not always Covin, occasionally reality kicks in - All's not lost, the futures .pdf (pretty dam fine)