It is currently Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:16 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:05 pm 
Respected ClubMember
Respected ClubMember

I found this Covin MJI 9115 for sale on a site with about 12 lovely high resolution photos for £3700, the owner of this Covin is more than likely unaware that the car is being used in a scam.
This scammer has apparently got a Pulsar and this Covin for sale for £3700 which is about half its value. I know how PayPal and eBay work and they do not take cars into their safe custody, deliver it within 48 hours anywhere in the UK for free, take care of the paperwork then give me 7 days to play with it and if I do not want it I can send it back at no cost to me. I could not view and pay in cash as it had already been put into eBay's shipping partner.
Some of the email I have had-

"Hi, I appreciate your interest. My advert is still valid, the car runs and drives excellent and has been extremely well maintained with a full service history and all necessary documents available. The only problem is that I am now located in Plymouth (PL9 9RP). It is also posted on eBay, and if you want to buy through eBay and PayPal I can offer a free delivery and I take a commitment to deliver it with the same price ( £3,700 ) and including testing period. Regards"
"Hi, No problem Keneth. The car is already into Shiply (eBay official delivery company) custody, ready to be shipped, I am offering free delivery and I will agree for a 5-7 days of full inspection period ( after the date you receive the car ). This means that you have 7 days to inspect the car for any damages and decide if you want to keep it or not! Because I will sign eBay's return policy, your money will be insured by them and you will have the option to reject the deal, only if we go through PayPal as well. If this is the case, you will receive a full refund (money back) from PayPal and I will have to take the car back on my cost!
I would need your eBay username so I can send you the link."
"Hi, Because i`m in Plymouth (PL9 9RP) the entire transaction will be completed trough eBay and PayPal. They will handle everything for both of us, including transportation and the transfer of the car papers to your name. You don't have to pay anything extra,the total price that you must pay for this car is £3,200. Here is how the process works:
I will make a private eBay listing for you.
You will have to click "buy it now",fill in the forms and follow the instructions.
PayPal will send you an invoice with all the transaction details and the payment instructions.
You will have to secure the funds to PayPal. After the funds will be secured to PayPal,the delivery will begin and the car will arrive to you in max.48 hours.When the car will be in your custody, you will have a 7 days inspection period. If everything is alright, the transaction ends and PayPal will release the money to me. If there is something wrong with the car, you will be fully refunded and I'll get my car back too, without any extra fees. Everything is covered by PayPal & eBay. I will get paid only after you confirm that you received it. I would need your eBay username so I can send you the link. I'm waiting for your reply."

Attachments:
scam.jpg
scam.jpg [ 39.42 KiB | Viewed 577 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:46 pm 
Respected ClubMember
Respected ClubMember

Photos from here:-
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=3850

ImageImage
Lifes not always Covin, occasionally reality kicks in - All's not lost, the futures .pdf (pretty dam fine)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:44 pm 
Respected ClubMember
Respected ClubMember

Yes photos straight from eBay!
A Covin and a Pulsar are a very niche car to work a scam with you would think they would stick to something mainstream.