You could be right there Danny
Right, here we go..... Put in a few hours this week and made a bit of progress, but boy do I need some
Home made rear window frame now taking shape with only a few more bits to weld up where the rubber mounts onto lower edge.
Both side windows are now fully repaired and the roof has also been fully welded with just some filler/body prep remaining to be done there. I also replaced a section of gutter/roof which was in a bad way
The framework above drivers door is not looking to good though so I'll have to make some repair sections for this as well
Finished of the welding inside the Bus for side windows and main support sections
Starting to look a bit better now
Drivers front arch and lower section of door is rather rotten
Not the dreaded Silicone repair again.... Why these idiots do this type of thing to floors and chassis I'll never know
There's only one solution when you see Siliconed repairs.... Cut the bugger out
Not doing to bad with the progress but I've just discovered some bad bits on the front chassis sections that will slow things down a little bit.
Still hope to have the drivers side completed next week with a bit of luck and then we can turn the Bus round to start work on the passenger side..... Oh joy
More to follow . . . .
Club Technical Advisor & Site Admin
WebSites www.covin.co.uk - - & - - www.vwkd.co.uk - - & - - www.flat4dubs.co.uk I LOVE RUST ME
Patent Pending "The Ultimate In Rust Remedy"