It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:35 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: 2008 Memories
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:06 pm 
Respected ClubMember
Respected ClubMember

Hi All

I thought it may be a good thing to look back on the year since its New Years Eve an all and reflect on the highs and lows in the covin club year :lmao :lmao

The things I remember the most are

1) Having a great weekend at run to the hills for the car not many miles from home to have the clutch cable housing come away from the car (please correct me hubby if I have the wrong bit (tend to do that :smt009 )). This was a real bumma as we had a show to go to next day but miraculously Mark worked his little socks off and magic'd it better :smt019 :smt019 :smt007 :smt007

2) Tatton Park show what an event !!! I really enjoyed the weekend, from our paparatzi style photography of Danny's car zooming to the show to the show itself. Thanks to Danny and Tony for inviting us we had a great time. Shamefully I also do recall drinking Danny and Tony's winery dry over that weekend : :smt020 smt119 (sorry) which mean't I was a little fragile to say the least the morning of the event.

3) One memory that I always chuckle at is the look of shock on claire's face at one of the shows we went to (can't recall now which show I think it was Stoneleigh). To give you the story, it was quite late on in the eveing and Claire Parker and myself decided to stretch our legs and have a walk around the showground, whilst we were walking someone let off fireworks quite close to us, well we both nearly died, claire's face was a picture :smt003 :smt003 and if I recall some blast feeming came from both of us at that point :smt003 :smt003 .

4) Last but not least Chris Mills's face when he saw Sarah driving his covin at Peterborough show. It was priceless :smt003 :smt003

Well there my most prominent memories any one else got some tales to tell doesn't have to be shows working on your cars, problems with cars etc .. Have a good one everyone and Happy New Year :smt020 :smt020

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:05 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

Ahhh yes a good year and the the most milage travelled in my covin in one year than any other one year since ive owned it.This is probably due to it being sorted(just about lol).

Biggest upset was the distruction of my honda by a huge bin wagon.

Appart from that was good year.plenty shows and memmories.Was great to have mark and shazzi down so they could come to the local shows.Shazzi you didnt drink the wine dry.Toni would never have low wine stocks lol.

My accelerator cable snapping on the way home from chomley was a bit of bad luck. I was being filmed with mark ahead.This would have been a good test of its performance since being put back on the road and a good piece of footage.
Petreborough was a long trek and had a few niggles but got there ok.The show was part a washout but once it cleared we all had test drives in each others covins for comparison....fantastic
:smt004
Hopefully next year will be a good year credit crunch or not the show must go on :smt019

Post subject: re post
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:52 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

:smt012 ahh yes a great year and nice touch there my missus for pointing out some very fond memories, and to danny too for being a great mate and his lovely missus Toni for being perfect hostess with the mostess :smt012 A couple of good memories so many i cant list them, but from march this year a certain bond lost three hours and i can never forget the look on his face a picture for sure. :lmao :lmao also many a good night spent with our good friends under canvas talking shite with a pint or two, will never forget them winter evenings :smt012
and visiting good friends and club meets, pricless you all. :smt012

also plenty to forget, the trip from hell to stafford, :smt005 :smt009 :smt013 :smt013 away away let it go away :smt015
a few glitches with the car but hey its all in the name of fun, if you cant look back and laugh its time to get out. :smt012

:smt020 happy new year to all and hope to see you all in 2009 :smt020 :smt020

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:59 pm 
Respected ClubMember
Respected ClubMember

reading shaz's post brought back loads of memories too, it's been a great year , even the weather didnt put us off, the best thoughts are off our singing at RTTH's passing that plastic wine glass round(karaoki style) YOU JUST HAD TO BE THERE :lmao :lmao and Val & Alan turning up for the day too.
Yes Chris's face was a picture (truthfully I was bloody nervous, well thats when something usualy goes wrong, but I lived to tell the tale :lmao )

But most of all it's the friends we have made, your all great and we wish everyone a happy healthy new year. :smt020 :smt020 :smt020

:smt006 sarahxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Post subject: 2009 memories
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:23 am 
Respected ClubMember
Respected ClubMember

I have fogotten some of those things mentioned about especially sarah's note about RTTH's HOLAY :lmao :lmao ...... :smt007 :smt007 for all those of you were there .... :smt007 :smt007 :lmao